Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) announces a week devoted to dance. Part of Lincoln Center at Home (#LincolnCenterAtHome), the offerings, which will be streamed at LincolnCenter.org and on Lincoln Center’s Facebook Page, were filmed during more than 40 years of performances on the Lincoln Center Campus by such renowned institutions as Ballet Hispánico, New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, The School of American Ballet, and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- Saturday May 30 at 2pm: CARMEN.maquia and Club Havana, Ballet Hispánico
- Saturday May 30 at 8pm: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, New York City Ballet
- Sunday May 31 at 8pm: American Ballet Theatre at the Metropolitan Opera House
- Monday June 1 at 7pm: The School of American Ballet Virtual Workshop Performance Celebration
- Tuesday June 2 at 8pm: Coppélia, New York City Ballet
- Wednesday June 3 at 8pm: Tribute to Balanchine, New York City Ballet
- Thursday June 4 at 8pm: Chroma, Grace, Takademe, Revelations, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
Some of the broadcasts have not been seen in decades and are being unlocked as Lincoln Center offers gems from its media archives, including landmark New York City Ballet works by George Balanchine, the company’s co-founder, with some dancers in the roles that Balanchine created for them.
Title photo: David Geffen Hall. Photo by Iñaki Vinaixa for Lincoln Center.
Images courtesy Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.